Originally home to the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and, later, the Board of Executors, Taj Cape Town effortlessly combines the legacy of the old with the luxury of the new. Located in the center of the old city, it boasts a strong sense of place and is within walking distance to some of South Africa’s foremost landmarks and attractions and an eclectic array of shops, galleries and restaurants. Taj Cape Town’s unique location affords travellers the perfect base from which to explore, discover and experience all the vibrant ‘Mother City’ has to offer! City-wide cultural activities, eclectic shops and street markets, and the hip and happening restaurant scene combine to give guests an experience unlike any other. Kids receive our trademark activity passport on arrival and embark on an exciting journey as they engage in bespoke creatively stimulating activities. A full passport is the perfect memento to take home, with new hobbies and happy memories!
Duration + Departures:
No booking or travel deadline – based on availability at the time of booking.
Cape Town, South Africa
- Located in the centre of the old city
- Within walking distance to some of South Africa's foremost landmarks and attractions and an eclectic array of shops, galleries and restaurants.
- All 176 rooms have spectacular city views or overlook the iconic Table Mountain.
- Offer an array of dining experiences, from Afternoon Tea in The Lobby Lounge to Bombay Brasserie, their fine dining Indian specialty restaurant, and Mint Restaurant for relaxed all-day dining.
- The Twankey Bar specialises in handcrafted prohibition-era cocktails and delicious tapas-styled dishes.
- Rejuvenate your senses at their Jiva Grande Spa with their unique and authentic treatments based on the ancient wisdom of the Indian philosophy of wellness
- Enjoy access to their fitness center and heated indoor pool