This tour of California, Nevada, and Arizona begins in Los Angeles with a sightseeing tour that includes glamorous Hollywood. Next, head east and stop in Palm Springs, home to 90 golf courses, before reaching Scottsdale, where a sightseeing tour highlights downtown Phoenix and Old Town Scottsdale. From Scottsdale, travel north through cactus-studded scenery to Sedona and see the massive red-rock formations that make Sedona famous. Continue north to spectacular Grand Canyon National Park, where you’ll have an opportunity to explore the canyon rim and witness breathtaking scenery. Stay the night in nearby Williams, a town with Route 66 as the main street. Let your hair down in Las Vegas before traveling to Mammoth Lakes (depending on weather) and Yosemite National Park, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests. Leave Yosemite and head to San Francisco, the world-famous city known for its steep hills and historic cable cars. On your San Francisco sightseeing tour, see the famous landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Nob Hill, and more. This exciting trip through the “Western Wonders” ends with a visit to Alcatraz Prison and leisure time in San Francisco—a perfect conclusion to this grand vacation!
Duration + Departures:
12 Days, March-October
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles > Palm Springs > Scottsdale > Sedona > Grand Canyon > Williams > Las Vegas > Tulare > Yosemite National Park > Modesto > Sausalito > San Francisco
- Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
- Sightseeing Tour of Tinseltown
- Explore a taste of the Old West with restaurants, shopping and Western bars in Old Scottsdale
- Stroll the canyon rim of the Grand Canyon or take a helicopter flight seeing excursion
- Cross the Mojave desert and try your luck in Vegas
- Explore the wonder that is Yosemite National Park with its spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls and lush forests
- Take in the majesty of the Golden Gate Bridge and then visit the notorious former prison of Alcatraz
Emphasizing great value, Cosmos puts together budget vacations including hotel, transportation, sightseeing, and tour director guidance for as little as $75 a day. They pack a lot into one price, including comfortable and attractive hotels, access to all the must-see sights, a wide range of optional activities, and some meals. While they’re not luxury, these are solid, dependable tours for no-frills travelers. Destinations are throughout Europe and North America.