Cruise along the Mekong through Cambodia and Vietnam as you are transported back in time to another era, where the rhythms of the countryside move at a slower pace and allow for a fascinating glimpse into a traditional way of life. Visit rural villages, colorful markets and a monastery, where you will receive a special Buddhist blessing by monks. Delve into the peaks and valleys of Cambodia’s history in the Royal Palace and National Museums of its beautiful capital, Phnom Penh. Witness skilled artisans who create exquisite handicrafts and delicacies, and be treated to authentic experiences, including rides via oxcart, tut tut and trishaw. On this transformative journey, the Mekong truly reveals a vibrant world along its shores. Be treated to a variety of small group excursions ranging from hiking and biking adventures to culturally immersive experiences. Indulge in the freshest locally sourced cuisine always perfectly paired with fine wine served during lunch and dinner. Retreat to elegantly appointed riverview staterooms and suites—most with not one, but two private balconies (a French and a full balcony)—providing unique views of the ever-changing scenery. When you sail with AmaWaterways, you will experience the luxury of more – more ways to discover, more ways to indulge and more onboard amenities. With an award-winning fleet, critically acclaimed dining and unique tour options, you will have the trip of a lifetime on our cruises.
Duration + Departures:
7-Nights, January through April, or August through December, 2020
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Kampong Cham, Cambodia > Ankgor Ban > Oknhatey Village > Phnom Penh > Tan Chau, Vietnam > Sa Dec > Ho Chi Minh City
- Tasty meals which include exotic Asian fare and international favourites served with attentive service at stunning dining locations.
- Natural light, fresh air and unforgettable views from luxuriously appointed staterooms and suites with both a French balcony and a private step-out balcony.
- The sophisticated Saigon lounge with bar and other spacious public areas where guests can join friends or unwind while gazing out at the ever-changing scenery.
- A comfortable Sun Deck outfitted with reclining loungers where guests can soak up lovely sunshine or cool off in the fun swimming pool.
- An array of indulgent spa treatments at three onboard spas for guests who want to be pampered, particularly after a day of immersive sightseeing.
- A modern fitness room equipped with advanced equipment for guests who want to work up a sweat and get fit.
- Diverse nightly entertainment featuring soothing piano recitals and magical song/dance performances by local groups.
This distinctive ship is in a class of her own! AmaWaterways’ sole cruise ship on the Mekong River, the AmaDara features French Colonial décor and richly carved wood furniture inspired by the history of the region, as well as local artifacts made by native craftsmen. Air-conditioned interior corridors lead to spacious staterooms and suites, most featuring twin balconies that invite the ever-changing scenery of Southeast Asia inside. On board, the AmaDara caters to your every whim, with massage rooms, fitness room, gift shop, hair salon and Sun Deck pool. Her stunning Saigon Lounge provides respite by day and unites guests over intriguing local entertainment by night. Savor authentic regional delicacies and Western cuisine in the Main Restaurant or dine at The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant; and throughout your cruise, be treated to unlimited complimentary wine with lunch and dinner, as well as house brand spirits, local beer and soft drinks throughout your cruise.